Company Profile: This article is about the Indian Army since 1947. For the 1858–1947 Indian Army, see British Indian Army. For the earlier period, see Military history of India.The Indian Army is the land-based branch and the largest component of the Indian Armed Forces. The President of India serves as the de jure Commander-in-Chief of the army while the de facto leadership lies with Minister of Defence, and it is commanded by the Chief of Army Staff (COAS), who is a four-star general. Two officers have been conferred the rank of Field marshal, a Five-star rank, which is a ceremonial position of great honour. The Indian Army originated from the armies of the East India Company, which eventually became the British Indian Army and finally the national army after independence.
Details of Indian Army Recruitment 2016 for 171 SSC Officers (Tech) –Engineering Graduates Apply Before 24th August 2016
Organization: Indian Army
Job Type: Government / Defence
Job Title: Short Service Commission (Tech) (Men 48th & Women-19th Course)
Number of Vacancies: 171
- For 48 SSC(T) Men: Vacancies (150)
- For SSCW(T)-19 Women : Vacancies (20)
- For SSCW(Non Tech)-19 Women : Vacancies (1)-Non-UPSC Entry
Qualification: BE / B.Tech
Experience required: Freshers
Applications are invited from married/unmarried MALE and unmarried FEMALE Engineering Graduates for Grant of Short Service Commission in the Indian Army. Course commencing in April 2017 at Officers Training Academy (OTA), Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
- Candidates who have passed Engineering Degree or are studying in the final year examination of Engineering course are eligible to apply. The candidates appearing in the final year examination of Degree Course should be able to produce the Engineering Degree within 12 weeks from the date of commencement of training at OTA. Such candidates will be inducted on Additional Bond Basis for recovery of the cost of training at OTA as notified from time to time as well as stipend and pay & allowances paid, in case they fail to produce the requisite Degree Certificate
- SSC(Tech)-48 Men and SSC(Tech)-19 Women:- 20 to 27 years as on 01 Apr 2017. (Candidates born between 02 Apr 90 and 01 Apr 97) (Both dates inclusive).
- For widow of Defence Personnel with four years age relaxation – SSCW (Non Tech) – 19 to 29 years Born not earlier than 02 Jan 88 and not later than 01 Jan 98 (Both dates inclusive).
Salary: INR 21,000/- PM
Starting Date to Apply: 27-07-2016
Last Date to Apply: 24-08-2016
- Shortlisting of Applications. Integrated HQ of MoD(Army) reserves the right to shortlist applications and to fix cutoff percentage of marks for each discipline without assigning any reason.
- Only shortlisted eligible candidates depending on the cutoff percentage will be interviewed at Selection Centres, Allahabad (UP), Bhopal (MP) and Bangalore (Karnataka) by Psychologist, Group Testing Officer and Interviewing Officer. Call Up letter for SSB interview will be issued through candidate’s registered e-mail id and through SMS. Candidates will not be interviewed locally. Allotment of Selection Centre is at the discretion of DG Rtg, IHQ MoD (Army) and no request for changes are entertained in this regard.
- Interviews will be held in May/Jun 2016 onwards.
- Candidates will put through two stage selection procedure. Those who clear Stage I will go to Stage II. Those who fail in Stage I will be returned on the same day. Duration of SSB interviews is five days excluding day of arrival and details of the same are available at official website of Rtg Dte joinindianarmy.nic.in
Apply Mode: Online
Documents To Be Carried:
- Updated Resume
- Original ID Proof
- 2 Passport Size Photos
Instructions to Apply:
- Applications will only be accepted online on website “www.joinindianarmy.nic.in”. Click on” Officers Entry Apply/Login” and then click ‘Registration’. Fill the online registration form after reading the Instructions carefully. After getting registered, click on ‘Apply Online’ under Dashboard. A page ‘Officers Selection – Eligibility’ will open. Then click ‘Apply ’shown against Technical Graduate Course. A page ‘’Application Form’’ will open.
- Read the instructions carefully and click ‘Continue’ to fill details as required under various segments- Personal informations, Communication details, Education details and details of previous SSB. ‘’Save & Continue’ each time before you go to the next segment. After filling details on the last segment, you will move to a page ‘Summary of your information’ wherein you can check and edit the entries already made.
- Then click on ‘’Submit now’’only after carefully ascertaining that the correct details have been filled in. After submitting, click on ‘’PDF’’ and take two copies of the application form having Roll No and other details generated by the system.
For More Details Check the Notification Attached Here